Saturday, September 3, 2011

Cutie Cutie Cupcake

I love doing challenges, they are hard for me, but I enjoy them.  This one was extremely difficult, this card is for 3 challenges.
Birthday Sundaes
The Paper Variety
Crafty Sprouts

I redid this card 3 or 4 times.  Before I finally just let it flow and it all came together. I used some stickers from my stash to spell out "Happy Birthday 2 U". The cupcake is cut from a Cricut Lite cartridge called Slumber Party.  The cherry on top was a scrap and I just used my circle punch to cut it and it is popped up with a dimensional.  I just eyeballed my banner to cut it.  I used eyelets, so it actually hung from my string.  At first the Happy was on the banner and then I took that apart.  All in all it came together nicely.

Have an awesome day!  Enjoy your labor day weekend.




7 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful! I love the papers you used and the banner is so awesome! I love how you used eyelets so it can hang on the string - so creative and fun! What a fabulous birthday card!! :)

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Nicole Doiron said...

How cute is this card! Love the cupcake shape! Thank you for playing along with us this week at The Paper Variety!

Erika Valdez said...

Your card is so super cute!! I love that cupcake!Thank you for joining our Get in Shape challenge!!

Lots of Love,
Erika

Raven B said...

Oh this is just darling. I love the whimsical feel of it and the colors. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Crafty Sprouts good luck! ;)
Hugs,
Raven

365 Days of Cricut said...

NIce yummy cupcake card....mmmmm now I want a cupcake LOL! Thank you for entering the Crafty Sprouts challenge!

Anonymous said...

very pretty card! I love how you split the happy birthday sentiment! Good luck from Crafty Sprouts!

Many blessings!
Zeni

CricutLvr!! said...

What a yummy card!! This is absolutely perfect for a birthday!! Great job and super cute!!
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sprouts!! and good luck with the challenge 8)