Friday, August 5, 2011

Cupcakes!

I had the idea for this card after checking out the Peachy Keen Challenge Blog.  I also knew I wanted to enter the Birthday Sundaes Challenge.  Think it turned out pretty well.  It was for sure a challenge to use the colors they picked.  So I used a Studio G card base, traced a scrap piece for the background. Then to make the top of the paper different, I took  a scalloped circle and traced it multiple times with my gelly roll pen.  The cupcakes are cut from my doodlecharms cricut cartridge, and then I dashed them with my gelly rolls.  Added a little twine and it was done.  Oh, and in the upper part, Happy birthday was hand written in, and it kinda blends, but it is there.

5 comments:

Kristie W. said...

Your cupcakes are very cute, I really like the combination of colors you used.

Here are instructions for adding the blinkie:
To add the blinkie - copy the code and then go to the 'design' tab and click add a gadget, then choose html/javascript. Paste the code there and hit save. Hopefully this helps! You can email me direct if you need more help: birthdaysundaes@gmail.com

Thanks for playing along with Birthday Sundaes!

Maribel said...

You did an awesome job with the colors from the PK challenge! I am having a hard time with that one! I love your little cupcakes and the twine is just perfect!
Thank you for playing along with us at Birthday Sundaes!
Maribel

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Very cute! I love those colors and the cupcakes look delish! It is such a fun birthday card! Thanks for playing along and hopping with us at Birthday Sundaes!
Amber

Lorie said...

Adorable cupcake card, and such a great job with this sketch! So happy you could play along with us at Peachy Keen Stamps!

Hugs,
Lorie

Janice W. said...

CUTE cupcakes! Nice interpretation of the sketch! Thanks for joining the PK challenge and good luck!