Monday, August 8, 2011

Tip of the day :)

Today, I am so busy.  It is my husband's birthday, so I am working on his card, and next week we head out on vacation.  I have to finish a quilt for my friend's baby.  I get to see him for the first time!  I am so excited to see them all.
So the other day, I was at a garage sale.  I LOVE garage sales!!  I found a guillotine cutter for $5, and then I found some fiskars texture plates.  I wanted to try them, because they are so much cheaper than cuttlebug folders, and they cover a larger area.
The texture plates work in the cuttlebug.  This is the recipe  plate A, texture plate, side you want to use up, paper, rubber mat, plate C.

For the rubber mat, I got a plumber's gasket at Lowe's 6x6 and 1/16" thick.  It was $.98. They had them at Home Depot, but they were a 2 pack for almost $5.

I love it!  The texture pads I got include a spider web, waves, straight lines, and paw prints! There were more, each plate is double sided!

I hope this helps someone out.

No comments: