Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Have a Beachy Day!

I wanted to make a summery type of card. There is a challenge at Paper This and That for a slice of summer card. Which at first I was thinking watermelon or something like that, but once I had this idea, it stuck with me.  I took a Studio G card base is it 5x5, I covered it with light blue paper. The aqua paper I ran through the cuttlebug to make it look like waves.  The brown paper I wanted to have a beachy look.  I took and tore it at an angle to have it look like white foam on the beach. I colored all the cute little creatures and sand castle with Rose Art colored pencils and cut them out with my Cutterbee.  I will say I absolutely LOVE my CutterBee.  It is so awesome, it is sharp and the best for cutting out digital stamps.
Using a 1" circle punch I punched out the sun, and then glittered it up with Studio G glitter glue.  I drew the rays on with it as well.  I typed the sentiment on the computer and printed it out.
Sun :)

Close up of octopus and waves.



 I am entering this in Paper This And That July Challenge

Recipe

Card
Studio G Card Base
coredinations cardstock, brown, teal, yellow

Adhesives
Recollections Dimensionals
Glue glider pro

Embellishment
Digital Stamps
Studio G Glitter Glue yellow
studio G glitter silver

Tools
Rose Art Color Pencils
Cuttlebug divine swirls
1 inch hole punch
Cuttlebug
CutterBee

1 comment:

CraftyJAR said...

Super cute. The embossing really gives the water a great feel. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper This and That.
Judy