Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Crochet Cotton Addiction



 
Big pile of colors
So, a few days ago I found this super cool tutorial on how to make your own bakers twine. Here is the link for Life Sweet Life blog. I love the look of the twine, but it gets so spendy to have all the colors that you want.  Basically the tutorial says to use crochet cotton and markers to make your own.  It is not exactly the same, but it is close and so easy.  I was INSPIRED!!!  My mom has tons of crochet cotton, and she is the best mommy ever and let me take as much as I wanted.  I took solid colors, variegated colors, and a big roll of white to make my own.  I now have about 100 different colors.  Not only do i have white and colored twine, I did some with more than one color.  Black and orange, red and pink, red and green, pink and yellow. The list goes on.

These I made myself.

The only thing I did differently than the tutorial is I used cardboard strips so I could wrap 6 or 7, instead of one at a time.  I am storing them on embroidery floss cards, so they stay nice and neat.

Predone crochet cotton



I will be linking this up to Made it Myself Mondays.









1 comment:

Auntie Marg said...

I'm so going to try this.. to match the new stampin up in colors...tfs