Saturday, July 30, 2011

Happy Birthday to you!

I haven't been in a very creative mood.   I'm really grumpy and blah, just personal stuff going on.  Anyway, I tried creating to beat my funk, not sure if I am totally thrilled with the card, but just gonna roll with it.  I found this challenge at http://birthdaysundaes.blogspot.com/  The colors in the photo made me think of the blues, I used, and the sand, inspired the glitter. 
The background I used chalks and just dusted it across the white base.  I dug into my ribbon stash and found this ribbon, I thought it was a nice touch.  I got this adorable digital stamp from Mel Jen's Design Blog,her stuff is super duper cute! So I used my watercolor pencils to color the image, but I dipped the pencil tip in water and then colored.  After it dried I used my Martha Stewart glue pen and colored on top of the balloon color, and added glitter.  I cut it out using my fiskars shape cutter, and then used it to cut the brown frame around the image.  I used dimensionals and popped the image up.




Recipe
Card
Studio G card base

Embellishments
Pink, white, yellow glitter
Digital stamp

Tools
Fiskars paper cutter
Fiskars shape cutter
Watercolor pencils
dimensionals
glue glider pro


Challenges

Birthdaysundaes
MelJens Design Team

3 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Beautiful creation - love the balloon colors!! Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs this week! Can't wait to see what you make next!
hugs,
M

Kristie W. said...

Cute card! Thank you for playing along with Birthday Sundaes!

Sprytebyrd said...

Love your glittery balloons! This is a fun and happy card! I hope it has helped you out of that crafty funk that we all seem to fall into!
Thanks so much for playing along at Meljen's Designs this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments