Friday, July 22, 2011

Mini Summer Album

I am challenging myself to not buy anything new.  I have a lot of supplies that I should be using and it is actually making me more creative. I have a craft room, but I also have to share it as a play room and computer room.  That makes my space limited and my husband always puts stuff on my side of the room.  GRR...  :)   I am trying to organize it, use supplies and then figure out what to do with the projects.  Up until now I have just giving them away, but I think I might actually sell this one.  What do you think?  Good enough to sell?  Do you think $6 is fair for it?  There are a lot of pictures and they go in order.

Anyway, I picked up the coasters on clearance for $.40 for 8 of them and I used 6 of them for the book.  I wanted to use something other than my cricut, I don't have a spatula for it, and it rips the paper when you take it off, but with my buying freeze, I have to wait for the spatula.  Anyway, I used this fiskars cutter, I got it from my bestie, she bought a ton of scrapbooking stuff, but doesn't scrap, so she gave it all to me.  It is definitely a 2 person job using it, otherwise you can't put enough pressure to cut.

I glued all the paper on, and then cut extra circles in different sizes to add dimension to the pages.  I cut 3 inch circles for the picture mats.  I inked the coasters in chocolate chip and inked the picture mats in the glue.  Then I added the embellishments.  Using my crop a dile I punched holes and added eyelets for extra strength.  Added a binder ring, and that is it.  I might dig for some ribbon to add to the binder ring, but that is later today or tomorrow.  I think next time, I would either not use the eyelets or use less pages.  I suppose you can use a bigger binder ring, but I don't think I have any and I'm not buying.  LOL   I need to keep telling myself that.

all the pages covered

inside page

Another set of pages



back cover


Front Cover

i just wanted to add the album is supposed to look dirty-ish... Is that a word.  The paper had spots on it that came on it, so I kinda wanted to match that dirty outdoors-y look.




Recipe

Adhesive
glue glider pro
acid free tacky glue
dimensionals

Tools
Crop a dile
fiskars cutter
scissors
eyelets
Sakura Gelly roll pens

Paper/ Embellishments
Summer kit

Scraps

Ink
Studio G Green
Stampin Up Chocolate chip

1 comment:

Toni K said...

This is soooo cute! Great summer album :)