Sunday, November 20, 2011

Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge

Hi Everyone!
Welcome to the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge. Today we needed to create something with the theme Thankful.  I am thankful for a lot of things, but i am very Thankful for my best friend. She is wonderful.  We have been friends for quite a few years and she has been there through so much.  I love you lots, Shawna!!!

This is going to be for her.  I have to do some fixing on it. When you make a magnet, make sure you don't put the paper on the magnet side.  I have to take it apart before she gets it.  Her favorite color is green, and I have a cute picture of us to put in it.
It was really hard to get a picture of the sentiment.  I used the K Andrew Designs Stamp set Winter Wishes.  I love this set! There are so many awesome things you can put together to create with this set.  I found this magnetic frame at a garage sale.  I covered it in the green paper.  I cut the flowers from Plantin Schoolbook, just all kinds of different sizes.  I used Versamark ink to stamp the sentiment and then used opal sparkle embossing powder.  For the flowers I inked the edges with versamark and then put them in embossing powder.  I really like how it turned out and I hope she does too.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the fabulous DT has come up with, and please join in the challenge.

Have a great day!

12 comments:

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

This is a really cute idea I am sure you BF is going to love it!!
Hugs
Kristan
Getting Cricky DT Sister

scrapperbecka said...

Very cute Magnet your friend will love it. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
Becka

Lisa said...

This is so pretty, Jessie! I love the beautiful flowers around the edge! what a great gift idea!! :D

Lisa
Getting Cricky DTM - Sister
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Charlotte said...

You are such a good friend to crete something so special for a friend. I know that she will love this magnet frame. have a Happy Thanksgiving from your sister DT member.
Charlotte

Cheri said...

I can't imagine your best friend not enjoying such a thoughtful gift. Thanks for sharing with us.
Cheri
Getting Cricky JrDT

Jana said...

What a nice gesture for your BFF! She will love it.
Blessings,
Jana

Amanda said...

Great idea! I'm sure she is going to love this!!! What a thoughtful gift for her! Great job!

Amanda
Getting Cricky JrDT

Miranda said...

Adorable! What a great idea!
Miranda :)
Getting Cricky JrDT
www.nanasscrapspot.com

The Craftin Mama said...

Great idea Jessie!!
Hug's and Happy Craftin :)

Ildi-Getting Cricky SrDTM
The Craftin Mama
Please visit me too!
Webmasters Earn Money Here!
ildij3@verizon.net

Susan said...

Very pretty Jessie! I like how you did the flowers. She will love it!

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving! Please let your hubby know I am so sorry for the spanking the Bears gave San Diego... LOL! ;)

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Love the bling!

Happy Thanksgiving!
-JoAnn:)
Getting Cricky Junior DT

Unknown said...

Your friend is going to love this!! I love the colors and glitter. Your friend is lucky to have you.
Thanks for sharing.
Heather your GC JrDT sister