Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Link Up with Love at Getting Cricky

Hey Everyone!

I hope you are all having a fantastic day!
Here is all the info about the Link up with Love.  I couldn't get the code to work.  I think it is cause I am technology impaired.lol


How it Works:

*Link Up Party runs from Tuesday 11/15 to Tuesday 11/22. Winners announced 12/20 at next Link Up Love party.
*Grab the Getting Cricky blinkie and post on your blog's sidebar
*Be a follower of Getting Cricky With K Andrew
*Create a new blog post that is titled Link Up Love Party with K Andrew. In your post, you must mention that the link up love party is a way to get to know each other and find new blog inspiration, mention Getting Cricky With K Andrew, with a link back Getting Cricky With K Andrew.
*Post your favorite project that you've done in your blog post THAT HAS TO DO WITH THANKS/BLESSINGS!! That could be a card, layout, treat holder or decoration.
*Copy and paste the link up code into your blog post so the Inlinkz will show up on your blog
*Spread the word so everyone can join in!
*You must visit, follow, and comment on the 5 people before you AND the 5 people after you in the Inlinkz. It would be fantastic if you would visit as many as you can--maybe everyone? If you are one of the first 5 then you will need to blog the ones before you and a few more after--as long as it's a minimum of 10 near you in the link up tool/gadget)
If you do not do the above your link will be deleted, because it's just not fair to those who work so hard linking up and showing love to the ones on the list. Kristal has two moderators who will be checking this out to keep it awesome and fun!

Here is my project for the day. :)



I wanted to make a card for my daughter's teacher. She is so sweet and a fabulous teacher.  I think I am going to make her a bookmark today and then give her this card to go with it.


I couldn't decide what I wanted to do for this so I want to give my niece, Lisa, credit for helping with this card. She had the idea for the leaf and she found the background paper.  I love how it turned out.  I used my K Andrew Designs stamps Fall-o-Ween set.  It is such a great set and it has more than just Halloween stuff.  I have some year round plans for the sayings.


kad010: Fall-O-Oween (Larger) Now Shipping! - Click Image to Close
I used my Eye-lets Etc textured cardstock for the base. It is slightly smaller than an A2, it is 4 x 5 1/4.  The leaf paper was in my stash, I got it in a big stash of paper that I bought off Craigslist. I cut the leaf from Everyday Paper Dolls at 4.5 inches real dial size. I have been absolutely in love with embossing lately and I don't know why.  I stamped each word separately put the powder on and then stamped the next word.  Used some glitter on the leaf, added some dimensionals, and it was done.


6 comments:

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Great job Jessie this is very pretty the teacher is going to love it!!
Kristan
Getting Cricky DT Sister

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Jessie i love the sentiment and the embossing. beautiful :)
Heather your Getting Cricky JRDT sister

Lynda said...

Awesome card Jessie! I love the embossing! I agree this Fall-O-Ween set has so many possibilities! Great job!

RhoLynda
Getting Cricky DT Sister http://blossomingbutterflycreations.blogspot.com

Leanne said...

Lovely card. Already your follower.

Jenscrapstoo said...

Just love the Gold embossing!! very nice card, and great sentiment Cheers Jennie Jnr DTM

Susan said...

Thursday it is! Which Menards did you go to? We were at the Oakdale one but it was closer to 6:30. It was packed! What to hear something funny? I was the first one in line at Michaels in Woodbury at 5:45 and got the new cartridge I've been wanting! Sadly, I have to wait until Christmas. (argh...)

I like how this card turned out! The lettering looks fabulous and works well with the colors on the card. I have to tell you, I did use the sentiment I stamped from you and also used the cup cut out. I am hoping to get it in a challenge soon!

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com