Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pinque Peacock Crafty kit club

I am lucky enough to be one of the first people to have gotten the new Pinque Peacock mini crafty kit.
Here is a sample of some of the goodies.
 
So, I got kit A and I forgot to take a picture, but my kit had the paper mache pencil box, 1 sheet of 6x6 paper, 6 approx 6x12 sheets of tissue paper, 3 flowers, a mini mister, a cool metal leaf, bling, a little ribbon and a bottle cap. 
To be honest I was a little scared. Only 1 piece of paper I didn't know what to do. My paint and glue were the only supplies I used not in the kit.
So here is what I came up with...

I started by painting it green and while the paint was dry on the top I smoothed the tissue paper on it.  On a few sides I mixed pink and green paint before adding the tissue paper.  I sealed it all with Mod Podge,  I wasn't sure how to create the look I wanted. I felt the 3 flowers werent enough to fill the top, so I made the other flowers out of my leftover tissue paper.
Here is a close up of the flowers.
These are the sides and the back.
I was so nervous the whole project but I love how it turned out. This is what I love about the crafty kit club. This isn't my usual style and it pushed me to think outside the box and push my crafty limits. I hope you get your kit today and don't forget to share what you make.

4 comments:

scrapbookingforfun said...

Jessie this pencil box is beautiful!!! The tissue paper flowers rock and I love the techniques you used!! FABULOUS

Marji Franklin said...

Beautiful job! I'm anxious to get started on my box, thanks for the inspiration.

Flowersandmoreby Rhonda said...

This is sooooo stunning!!! OMGosh... I love love love this! You go girl!

Heather Flaherty said...

this is a gorgeous project I love the soft look of it, fabulous job!